Privacy & Cookie Information
This is our Privacy and Cookie Statement and it sets out how we deal with your personal data. If you have any queries about this statement, please do not hesitate in contacting us and we will be more than happy to help.
1. Personal Data is any data that identifies you. We will deal with your Personal Data in compliance with the current UK data protection legislation. Please note this applies only to us and not to other companies or organisations websites to which we may link.
2. We may hold Personal Data relating to the transactions you enter into with us. We will disclose Personal Data to a party to the transaction, but only to assist your transaction and ask for feedback on our products and/or service. These parties include our wholesaler Exertis Supplies, our Courier DPD and our payment service provider Stripe.
3. Only if you have given us permission will we send email to you about new products and special offers which we consider may be of interest to you.
4. We may disclose your Personal Data acting in good faith if it believes such action is necessary to conform with a legal requirement or comply with the legal process, protect and defend our rights or property, enforce this Online Agreement, act to protect the interests of its registered users or others.
5. Under Article 17 of the GDPR individuals have the right to have personal data erased. This is also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’. If you would like to exercise your 'right to be forgotten' please complete our Right To Be Forgotten form. We will then erase your personal details from our user database, however we will still be required to retain your order and payment details for statutory VAT purposes.
6. If you have any questions about the handling or protection of your Personal Data or your rights under this privacy statement please contact us.
Only the information that you provide, or the choices you make, while visiting our website can be stored in a cookie. For example, our website cannot determine your email address unless you choose to type it. Allowing us to create a cookie does not give us access to the rest of your computer and only we can read it.
Our website uses the following cookies:
PHPSESSID (Contains a PHP "session ID", expires when the browser is closed)
The "PHPSESSID" cookie is required so that the site can recognise you clicking from page to page. Without it, every page would be treated as the first visit to the site, and anything added to the shopping basket would be instantly forgotten. Online shopping would, therefore, be impossible.
session (Contains a PHP "session ID", can also contain an email address and encrypted password, expires after one year)
The "session" cookie is intended for the your convenience. Our website creates this with a copy of the initial session ID so that you can be classed as "returning" and the contents of your shopping basket will still be available. If you sign in with an email address and password, these login details are also saved so that you can remain logged in when returning (the password is encrypted). If you sign out, your login details are removed from the cookie.
We use Google Analytics, a popular web analytics service which helps us to count the number of people that visit our website and to analyse how they use it.
Cookies enable the function of Google Analytics. This software helps us take and analyse visitor information such as browser usage, new visitor numbers, response to marketing activity and shopping times. That information helps us to improve the website and your shopping experience. It also helps us to determine which of our website pages are the most popular and which products have received the most visits for example. The data stored by these cookies is anomymous and will never contain any confidential or personal information.
We use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. This enables third party vendors, including Google, to show our ads on sites across the Internet. Crazy Office Supplies and third party vendors, including Google, use first party cookies (for example the Google Analytics cookie) and third party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise and serve ads based on your past visits to our website.
Cookies placed by Google Analytics: _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz
You can opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise Google Display Network Ads using the Ads Setting and/or downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
How to Remove or Block Cookies
You can easily restrict or block the cookies used by this website through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser will provide detailed instruction of how to change these settings.
You might also want to visit aboutcookies.org which provides instructions on how to block cookies on all the major browsers. This site also explains how you can delete cookies that have already been stored on your computer as well as general information about cookies. Please remember we are not responsible for third party websites.
Please be aware that most cookies are harmless and restricting them may impact on the functionality of the websites you visit.